Scammers target people in many different ways. Most of them find you through the mail, phony emails, text messages, phone calls, or even come to your house and show up at your door.
- Never be pressured to send money to anyone!
- If a stranger asks you to wire money or make a transfer, don’t do it.
- Don’t buy gift cards or provide PIN numbers or give codes to strangers.
- Be careful with Wi-Fi on the go (airports, hotels, and mall’s)
- Don’t be fooled into a threat from scammer who says they’ll send the police to arrest you.
- If you authorize a transfer or send money to a scammer, there’s not much that can be done to get your money back.
Scammers live off your information. The more secure you are, the more insecure they will be.