The most common types of scams will target you through texting, emails, phone calls, and letters in the mail. But, nowadays scammers are getting scary clever and showing up at our homes. Early morning, late at night, they don’t care. They are willing to do whatever it takes to make a buck or rip you off.
Know the red flags:
- Did someone on the phone tell you to buy gift cards and give them the codes as a form of payment?
- Are you being pressured to send money to someone that you don’t know?
- Have you been asked to do a wire transfer through Zelle or a similar service?
- Is someone threatening you by saying they will send law enforcement to get you?
These are all signs that you are being targeted by a scammer. Don’t let them win. Be smarter than they are and don’t fall victim:
- Hang up the phone
- Don’t click on unfamiliar links
- Don’t give out personal information about you or your family members
- Just DON’T