Everyone is eager to get back to some good old fashioned Halloween fun! Health experts seem to have given families the green light to trick or treat, but not without offering important tips to help keep your family safe.
One of the biggest concerns is the risk we all face by unvaccinated children. COVID cases seem to be down nationwide, but according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, a quarter of new COVID cases are still among school-aged kids.
• Keep groups small and only spend time around friends that you know are vaccinated.
• Good hand hygiene. Have plenty of hand sanitizer and wipes on hand.
• Social distance. Many people have forgotten to do this. The rule is still 6ft apart.
• Inspect your child’s candy before they eat it.
• Add reflective tape or have a flashlight available when walking.
Handing out Candy
Limit your exposure and wear a mask. Also, consider handing out individual bags of candy instead of a communal basket. And be sure to wash your hands often.
In the end, have fun! Trick-or-treating is back in stride so be safe out there.